Newark Energy Center
The Newark Energy Center is a 655 MW natural gas fired combined cycle power plant being built in Newark, New Jersey.
IN early April, 2014, Pacific Coast Bolt received an urgent request from our customer for large diameter (1 1/8 – 2″) machine bolts in lengths up to 8 1/2″, with accompanying nuts and washers. PCB manufactured and supplied the necessary fasteners within the time frame required. These included:
ASTM A307 Gr B machine bolts
• ASTM A563 Gr A Heavy Hex Nuts
• Steel Washers
• Full faced cloth inserted NBR/SBR gaskets to ASTM B16.21: 1/8 and 1/4″
Since then, PCB has supplied the balance of bolting required for the project including:
ASTM A193 B7 Alloy Steel Stud Bolts
• ASTM A193 B16 Alloy Steel Stud Bolts
• ASTM A193 B8M Class 2 Stainless Stud Bolts
• ASTM A194 2 H Alloy Steel Heavy Hex Nuts
• ASTM A193 B8M S/S Heavy Hex Nuts
ASME B16.20 Spiral Wound Flexitallic Style CG Type 304 and 347 Windings and Rings with Thermiculite filler
PCB’s manufacturing capabilities, combined with an extensive inventory of finished goods, proved key for on-time equipment installation by the contractor and their subs.
Director: Business Development